Grade Level: 1 – 12
For Ecosystems and species
- Identify likely migration of plant and animal species and ecosystems in the Great Lakes region, and potential impacts on biodiversity.
- Identify phenological changes over the past 100 years.
- Correlate observed and predicted changes in wildlife, ecosystems and phenology with changes in climate.
- Differentiate between impacts at various time scales (years/decades/centuries/millennia).
- Summarize climate change impacts on tourism/recreation from lake levels, algae growth, snow sports, trout, ice fishing
[Interpretive kit that includes a video, trail cards, global warming wheel card, and a CD-ROM, which contains fact sheets, brochures, case studies, sample trail talk out-lines, and a number of interactive activities. The kits focuses on four areas of the nation: • Western Mountains and Plains • Great Lakes and Upper Midwest • Chesapeake Bay and Assateague Island • Everglades and South Florida]