Grade Level: 6 – 12
- Identify several tree or flower species in their area, and observe the sequence
of budding in those species relative to each other
- Observe budding phenology and understand how the budding stage fits into a
plant’s life cycle
- Understand the relationship between weather and phenology.
- Enter data into Web-based databases and compare their observations with those
of students in other regions.
- Interpret their data and convey results in graphics and/or in writing.
[Source:Center for Teaching and Learning at Chicago Botanic Garden]