Grade Level: 9 – 12
- Form definitions of the greenhouse effect based on prior knowledge, class discussion, and viewing diagrams.
- Participate in group brainstorming sessions and class discussions related to the impact of the greenhouse effect and global warming.
- Analyze global warming diagrams and resources to obtain a clear understanding of this scientific process.
- Hypothesize about the effects of global warming on the climate and the world’s populations.
- Conduct research using a variety of primary sources to explore perspectives in the global warming debate.
- Complete a Venn Diagram that compares various points of view on global warming issues.
- Take a position on global warming and support this viewpoint with reasons, facts, and examples gathered during lesson activities.
- Create a project that supports their point of view about global warming issues.